There are many components involved in the creation of a corporation. If you are interested in creating one, do not wait to reach out to one of our skilled Bergen County, NJ intellectual property attorneys today. Our firm is on your side. We are just one call away.
What is a corporation?
A corporation is an organization that has been authorized by the state to act as a single entity with a deliberate purpose.
How can I create a corporation?
After you have determined you want to craft your own corporation, there are several different steps you will have to take. Some of the tasks to complete include the following:
- Forming a business name
- Selecting the initial directors of your corporation
- Filing formal paperwork, usually known as “articles of incorporation”
- Creating corporate bylaws to lay out the operating rules for your corporation
- Holding the first meeting of the board of directors
- Administering stock certificates to the initial owners
- Acquiring any licenses and permits that are necessary
To learn more about how to build a corporation, reach out to our skilled Bergen County, NJ intellectual property attorney today. Our firm is equipped with the experience and knowledge required to help you through this process.
How should I choose a name?
When you choose the name of the corporation, there are many different requirements that must be met. It is critical that your name:
- Does not contain any word, phrase, or abbreviation that means or implies that it is organized for any purpose other than one or more purposes permitted by its certificate of incorporation
- Does not have the same or similar name to the corporate name of any domestic corporation
- Does not contain a word, phrase, or abbreviated that is prohibited or restricted by any other statute in New Jersey
- Shall contain one of the following: “a New Jersey nonprofit corporation,” “incorporated,” “corporation,” “inc.,” or “corp” unless it is a corporation which could organize pursuant to the provisions of
- Title 16 of the Revised Statutes
Our firm is dedicated to helping our clients create their dream corporation. If you are interested in creating one, we are here to help. Our firm understands that this can be an overwhelming process, which is why we are here for you through each step. We are just one call away.
Contact our Firm
The Law Offices of Richard E. Novak, LLC has over 25 years of experience helping clients through tough times when they need it most. If you need assistance with any intellectual property, traffic violations, or business law matters, our firm is here to help. It is critical that you pick the right attorney who can protect your rights. Contact The Law Offices of Richard E. Novak, LLC for a consultation.